For preparedness, liberty loving, patriotic Americans (as opposed to the ‘other’ type currently throwing tantrums, bringing out their ‘Special Snow Flake 2nd Class’ medals with crossed safety pins and generally trying to finish killing the ‘grand experiment’), don’t make the mistake of thinking that the breather or ‘reprieve’ the country has been graciously given by the Almighty is reason to put the tools back in the shed, stop your preps, and lay off the PT and dig out the TV guide and bon-bons.
Here’s a few suggestions that may help if you’re in need of support:
- I will start a more intense PT program.
- I will train more with my personal defense carbine and pistol of choice, both for EDC and SHTF.
- I will walk increasingly longer distances with a full ruck with a goal of as close to 15 minutes per mile as I can get by August 1, 2017.
- I will buy more ammo.
- I will sell all things I’ve found to be useless to help finance my ammo and ‘good’ equipment.
- I will study the basics more.
- I will take time to have fun with my family and keep my training/preps in perspective.
- I will get to know my neighbors and see who I can count on should civility disintegrate.
Feel free to add yours in the comments. The main point is that we don’t let down our guards, and we keep on keepin’ on, as the saying goes.
There’s nobody coming to the rescue except ourselves.
Happy New Year!