This is one of those rare times that we venture into the political arena. Treaties ratified and signed by the US government become part of the Constitution. This particular treaty will modify and nullify certain protections of the citizen from government interference with the exercise of a natural right specified in the Second Amendment.
The Secretary of State signed it but it’s not properly ratified. The Senate is a strange creature in the best of times. In this case, it could be argued that a treaty that nullifies any part of the Constitution cannot be ratified, and if it is, the treaty is null and void in its repugnance to the Constitution itself, but we’re not lawyers here, only ordinary Americans who know how to read.
This is one of the times to pay attention to what’s being said as well as what’s being done by our elected and appointed representation.
For those who are thinking of burying your personal firearms, it won’t help, nor will it allow you anymore than a smug, ‘so there’ that will last for only a short time. Let’s brainstorm this for a moment, shall we?
In the event that you are able to place your cache in the most unobtrusive spot, getting there unnoticed, preparing the location unnoticed, concealing it unnoticed, successful in expertly camouflaging the location unnoticed, and getting away unnoticed, (anyone who notices you must be presumed to be storing the information to tell someone to help themselves out in one way or another) several things may occur between the time you leave your treasure trove and the time you think is right to go dig it up because things have gotten really, really, really bad:
- Until you have your firearms, ammo, and mags back, you’re defenseless in terms of firearms from any threat. You buried them all against confiscation, remember? (Any that you kept will most likely be confiscated ‘for your protection’ if you frequent any conservative political, preparedness, or other site frowned upon, and you, having the knowledge that your really good ‘stuff’ is cached, will meekly turn over what you have at home to throw off the UN inspectors.)
- All your 4473’s are on file – all the NICS background checks that are destroyed after 24 hours will be found on Lois Lerner’s and Hillary Clinton’s email server and cross referenced against existing 4473’s.
- You might not have any proof of sale when you tell UN Inspectors that you sold them all years ago to help your aging grandmother by paying her assisted living bill.
- Travel restrictions for some ‘public safety’ purpose are instituted.
- Hours of Darkness curfews for some ‘national crisis’ are instituted.
- You’re followed to your cache location and just after you dig them out, but before you assemble them for protective use, a bull horn sounds and you’re told not to move and put your hands up.
Or other Orwellian things – reason it out for yourself, but the point remains, burying your guns won’t help you or mitigate the situation. If we get to the point that the UN is calling the shots in the US, well, we’ve reached the point that preparedness and training is moot.
Originally posted at Socialism is not the Answer.
“The treaty Kerry signed without authorization from the Senate would create an un-Constitutional registry of all US gun buyers and would lead to the UN controlling American’s gun rights.”
[Kerry said, in part] ““This treaty will not diminish anyone’s freedom. In fact, the treaty recognizes the freedom of both individuals and states to obtain, possess, and use arms for legitimate purposes.” [And who, precisely, decides what is ‘legitimate’?]
Emphasis added – DTG.