Registration closes on March 15th, so get in now!
Sipsey Street Irregulars posts a good story regarding map reading here. Slots still available; reserve your spot now!
DTG will conduct an eleven hour basic land navigation course that will cover:
- How to Use the Lensatic Compass
- Reading a Topographical Map
- Plotting Grid Coordinates
- Map Orientation
- Dead Reckoning
- Basic Terrain Association
- Supervised Navigation Course
If you want to know how to navigate without a GPS, here’s where you start. If you’ve had this training before, but it’s been a long time, this will be a great refresher. Course will occur sleet, rain, or shine. Participants will receive a recommended pack list and will provide their own food & beverages. Minors 16 years and older may attend with a parent/guardian participant.
Cost: $150 per person
Slots Available: 12
Academic Instruction: 7:00 am EST to 10:00am EST
Field Practicum: 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Lensatic Compass – Cammenga or USGI surplus recommended, can be purchased here: http://www.greatlakesurvival.com/navigation-products.html)
- #2 Pencil or mechanical pencil with eraser – 2 each
- Improved Military Style UTM/MGRS Tool (can be purchased here: http://maptools.com/products/SuperGTA.html)
Interested persons send a note of inquiry to ‘email@example.com’ , subject line: Land Nav
50% deposit required to hold your slot; cancellations within 10 business days of class date forfeit deposit.
Land Nav skills can’t be compromised by ‘random programmable error’ like a GPS….